Here is what you'll need: ground beef, oatmeal, milk, ground black pepper (I changed my mind later and decided to use white ground pepper), finely chopped onion, onion powder.
In a large mixing bowl add the ground beef and the oats.
Add the finely chopped onions, milk, salt, ground white pepper, and a pinch of onion powder.
Mix until well combined.
Form the meatballs and place them on a cookie sheet. Put the cookie sheet in the freezer for about 5 minutes. You can make the BBQ sauce while the meatballs are in the freezer.
Put 1/2 cup to 1 cup of all purpose flour on a plate and dredge the meatballs.
Preheat the oven to 350˚.
Heat some canola oil in a pan and brown the meatballs. (Do not cook them completely, only brown them.)
Place the meatballs in a baking dish and pour the BBQ sauce over the meatballs. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes.
You won't believe how great your kitchen will smell.
To make the sauce you will need about 6 tablespoons finely chopped onions and add 1 cup of ketchup.
Add 2 tablespoons of sugar.
Add 3 tablespoons of vinegar.
Add 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire and 2 teaspoons of honey and mix.
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup instant oats
- 1 cup milk
- 4 Tablespoons, finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of ground white pepper
- Dash of onion powder
To Cook the meatballs
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup all purpose flour
- Canola oil
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons honey
For the meatballs
- In a large bowl, combine all the meatball ingredients.
- Roll the meatballs and place on a cookie sheet. (I like to small appetizer size meatballs.) Put the cookie sheet in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Dredge the meatballs in flour.
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Heat canola oil in a frying pan and brown the meatballs.
- Place the meatballs in a baking dish and pour the BBQ sauce over the meatballs.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes.
For the BBQ sauce
- Combine all the BBQ sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix.