Friday, July 16, 2010

MINI MEATBALL SANDWICHES

I saw these over at The Pioneer Woman and I just had to make them. I changed the recipe only slightly.
I used a 1.25 pounds of ground sirloin.

I added 3/4 cup plain panko.

Add 3 minced garlic cloves and 1/2 teaspoon salt.

Add 3/4 cup milk.

Combine. I used a fork. I have a thing about touching raw meat.

Scoop out about 1 tablespoon of the meat mixture and roll into mini meatballs. I made about 30. I actually froze half of the meatballs for another day.

I like onions, so I chopped up a whole onion.

Heat about 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan. Add the onions and meatballs to the pan. Brown the meatballs.

Add a jar of marinara sauce. Since I was only making half of the meatballs, I used a small jar of marinara (15 1/2 ounce). Cover the pan and allow to simmer for about 20-25 minutes.

I cut a slice of provolone cheese in quarters.

My daughter likes the potato dinner rolls.

Slice the bread rolls in half, place a piece of cheese on the top and the bottom of each roll.

Place a meatball and some sauce, of course, on each roll. My daughter likes the mini meatball sandwich without the cheese.

YUM!!!!

MINI MEATBALL SANDWICH
Ingredients
  • 1.25 pounds of ground sirloin (or ground chuck, or whatever you have)
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 3/4 cup plain panko
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, finely chopped
  • 1 large jar (about 30 oz) marinara sauce
  • small bread rolls
  • slice provolone cheese, cut in quarters

Preparation

  1. Combine ground sirloin, garlic, panko, milk and salt in bowl.
  2. Roll into mini meatballs. The size of the meatball depends on the size of the bread rolls.
  3. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and meatballs. Brown the meatballs.
  4. Add the jar of marinara sauce, cover the pan and allow to simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
  5. Slice the rolls in half.
  6. Place a piece of cheese on the top and the bottom of each roll.
  7. Spoon a meatball and sauce on the bottom of the bun. Place the top half of the roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment