I used a 1.25 pounds of ground sirloin.
I added 3/4 cup plain panko.
Add 3 minced garlic cloves and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Add 3/4 cup milk.
Combine. I used a fork. I have a thing about touching raw meat.
Scoop out about 1 tablespoon of the meat mixture and roll into mini meatballs. I made about 30. I actually froze half of the meatballs for another day.
I like onions, so I chopped up a whole onion.
Heat about 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan. Add the onions and meatballs to the pan. Brown the meatballs.
Add a jar of marinara sauce. Since I was only making half of the meatballs, I used a small jar of marinara (15 1/2 ounce). Cover the pan and allow to simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
I cut a slice of provolone cheese in quarters.
My daughter likes the potato dinner rolls.
Slice the bread rolls in half, place a piece of cheese on the top and the bottom of each roll.
Place a meatball and some sauce, of course, on each roll. My daughter likes the mini meatball sandwich without the cheese.
MINI MEATBALL SANDWICH
- 1.25 pounds of ground sirloin (or ground chuck, or whatever you have)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup plain panko
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 large jar (about 30 oz) marinara sauce
- small bread rolls
- slice provolone cheese, cut in quarters
- Combine ground sirloin, garlic, panko, milk and salt in bowl.
- Roll into mini meatballs. The size of the meatball depends on the size of the bread rolls.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and meatballs. Brown the meatballs.
- Add the jar of marinara sauce, cover the pan and allow to simmer for about 20-25 minutes.
- Slice the rolls in half.
- Place a piece of cheese on the top and the bottom of each roll.
- Spoon a meatball and sauce on the bottom of the bun. Place the top half of the roll.