Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

This is my daughter's absolute favorite muffin. She will eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack if you let her. It is also one way that I sneak extra fruit into her diet. But maybe the stick of butter in this recipe outweighs the benefit of the bananas? Who cares, they are delicious.


Here is what you'll need: all purpose flour, sugar, really ripe bananas (the peel should be black), butter, chocolate chips, eggs, baking powder, baking soda, and salt (I forgot that one).

Mash up the bananas. I hate throwing away food, so whenever I have a banana that is super ripe and I won't eat it, I mash it up and put it in a container in the freezer. That way whenever I have about a cup of the mashed up bananas I make a batch of these muffins.


Put the flour and sugar in a mixing bowl.

Add 2 eggs.

Add the mashed bananas. 3 ripe bananas will give you a little more than a cup of banana.


Add 1 stick of softened butter.

Add the salt.

Add the baking soda.

Add the baking soda.


Mix it all together. You can do it by hand. Get a little exercise in there.

Add the chocolate chips.

Fill the muffing pan. My daughter likes the mini muffin pan. Can you tell she helped pour the batter.

Place in a preheated oven (350°) and bake for about 22 minutes. This is what you will be rewarded with when you are done.

Enjoy! My daughter and I like to eat a muffin shortly after we take them out of the oven so that the chocolate is still warm and melted.


BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
Ingredients
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/4 ripe bananas, mashed (about 3 bananas)
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Preparation

  1. Heat oven to 350°.
  2. Line the muffin pan.
  3. In a large mixing bowl add flour, sugar, eggs, bananas, butter, baking powder, baking soda, salt and mix well.
  4. Add chocolate chips and mix until combined.
  5. Pour batter into the lined muffin pan.
  6. Bake for about 22-24 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  7. Cool the muffins completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment