Here is the cast of characters.
I got the munchkin to scrub about 12 potatoes before I boiled them (with the peels still on).
Dice about 3 stalks of celery. It should be about 3/4 cup.
While the potatoes are boiling, start making the dressing. Mix 1/2 cup olive oil and 2 tablespoons of vinegar (I used cider vinegar.).
Add 1 teaspoon salt.
Add 1 teaspoon white pepper.
Add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
Add 1 teaspoon onion powder.
Peel the potatoes while they are warm and cube them.
Add about 1/3 cup sliced green onion (the white and green tops). Pour about 1/3 of the oil dressing mixture over the potato and onion mixture. Let them stand for about one hour or more.
To the remaining oil mixture add 1 cup mayonnaise, 1/2 cup of sour cream, 2 teaspoons chopped dill weed. (I use it from the bottle).
This is what it should look like.
Add the celery to the potato mixture.
Add 4 chopped hard boiled eggs to the potato mixture.
Fold in the dill weed dressing. We had this salad on Easter Sunday along with some ham.
DILL WEED POTATO SALAD
- 12 potatoes, boiled, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions (onion and green tops)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons chopped dill weed (I use it from the bottle)
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- Boil the potatoes in the jackets.
- Peel the potatoes and cube the potatoes while still warm. Place the potatoes in a bowl and add the onions.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder.
- Pour about 1/3 of the mixture over the potatoes. Let stand for one hour or more.
- To the remaining olive oil mixture, add mayonnaise, sour cream, and dill weed.
- To the potatoes add the diced celery and the chopped egg.
- Fold in the dill weed dressing.